The Fresh Market to open new Fleming Island location at Island Walk North on June 14
Grand opening activities will celebrate a love of food with samplings, chef demonstrations and giveaways
Wednesday, June 7, 2017 — The Fleming Island community will soon discover extraordinary and delicious fare at The Fresh Market’s new store on Wednesday, June 14, as the specialty grocer celebrates the grand opening of its fifth Jacksonville-area location. The Fresh Market’s new store will offer a curated shopping experience with an expansive array of distinctive flavors and tastes from local neighbors, farmers and fishermen – as well as from around the world.
Guests will be enticed by inviting aromas as well as sweet and savory tastes in the bakery. The full-service meat and seafood counters will offer beef ground daily by expert butchers, the finest cuts of Premium Choice beef and exceptional seafood arriving fresh several times each week. The produce department will overflow with only the freshest and finest quality fruits and vegetables. Great-tasting seasonal produce items will be highlighted throughout the year as “The Fresh Pick” celebrates juicy fruit picked in the peak of ripeness and delivered directly to The Fresh Market. The seasonal events will feature in-store sampling and expert tips on how to serve and prepare the featured fruit. Inspiring meal solutions will allow guests to make everyday eating extraordinary, even on the busiest of days. Finally, signage throughout the store will designate departments and guide those shopping with dietary restrictions or food allergies; highlight organic and local products; and simply inspire guests to live life deliciously.
The specialty grocer is proud to support local growers and will feature produce from Florida farmers such as Wish Farms and Pero Family Farms. The Fresh Market is also committed to enriching the lives of people within the neighborhood it calls home by engaging the community to help relieve hunger insecurity. The new Fleming Island store will partner with and provide regular food donations to Waste Not, Want Not food pantry.
On Wednesday, June 14 at 7:30 a.m., The Fresh Market invites the community to celebrate the grand opening of its 47th store in the state of Florida and 176th store nationwide.
WHO: The Fresh Market is a specialty grocer committed to providing fresh, delicious food with friendly service in a warm and inviting atmosphere. From seasonally fresh produce to exceptional quality meat and seafood, signature baked goods and thousands of organic options, The Fresh Market inspires guests to live life deliciously with the finest ingredients and inspiring meal solutions.
WHERE: The Fresh Market
1960 East West Parkway, Fleming Island, Fla. 32003
WHAT/WHEN: Fleming Island Grand Opening
The Fresh Market’s grand opening festivities will kick-off Wednesday, June 14 at 7:30 a.m., and doors will open at 8 a.m. The Fleming Island community is invited to enjoy not-to-miss chef demonstrations, in-store sampling, live entertainment, special deals, giveaways and more through Sunday, June 18.
Wednesday, June 14
- Ribbon cutting with Clay County Chamber of Commerce featuring live music from RythmTrail Steel Drum Band
- FREE meal for four from The Fresh Market’s signature Little Big Meal program for the first 50 guests in line
- FREE reusable shopping bags for the first 1,000 guests
- Chef demonstrations featuring crab cakes and Thai coconut curry chicken
- Grilling demonstrations featuring The Fresh Market’s gourmet beef burgers and a variety of Italian sausages
- Food sampling throughout the store, including favorites from Tom’s BBQ Sauces, Stonewall Kitchen, Tessemae’s Dressings and Republic of Tea
- “Cracking of the Parmesan” and tasting, featuring a 75-pound wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano, which is recognized worldwide as the “King of Italian Cheeses”
Thursday, June 15 – Friday, June 16
- Cooking demonstrations highlighting The Fresh Market’s chicken on the grill Little Big Meal
- Food sampling throughout the store, including farm-fresh, peak season strawberries and apples from the produce department and Parmigiano Reggiano from the deli department
Saturday, June 17
- FREE 16-ounce bag of The Fresh Market’s organic blue tortilla chips and a 16-ounce jar of signature “Nom Nom” medium salsa for the first 50 guests
- Celebratory mini cupcake sampling from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Grilling demonstrations featuring The Fresh Market’s gourmet beef burgers and Italian sausages
- Chef demonstrations featuring seared shrimp with herbed lemon butter sauce and blackened steak with cabernet blue cheese
- Food sampling throughout the store, including Vanini dark chocolate, Hubbard peanuts and The Fresh Market’s signature roasted chicken salad with French rounds
- Live music featuring RythmTrail Steel Drum Band from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 18
- Chef demonstrations featuring Texas beef tacos and white bean turkey chili
- Food sampling throughout the store, including Earthbound Farms salads, fresh mozzarella, grape tomato and basil skewers and The Fresh Market’s caramel and cookies gelato