The Fresh Market to celebrate 25 years in Charlotte February 19-20
Specialty grocer to celebrate grand reopening of Carmel Commons store and commemorate 25th anniversary in Charlotte with market-wide event
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 — This year, The Fresh Market celebrates 25 years in the Queen City with an anniversary bash on Friday, February 19 and Saturday, February 20 at all five of its Charlotte locations.
The Fresh Market got its start over 30 years ago in Greensboro, North Carolina. The store was an immediate favorite in the Greensboro community, and the specialty grocer expanded into the Charlotte market in 1991. The Fresh Market now has five locations in Charlotte and has grown to 184 stores in 27 states, with plans for continued expansion in the Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Twenty-five years later, the Carmel Commons store, one of the first two to open in Charlotte, is marking the anniversary by unveiling a newly remodeled store.
“We have truly enjoyed serving the Charlotte community for the past 25 years,” said Dave Feeley, manager of the Carmel Commons store. “We appreciate our customers’ patience during our Carmel Commons remodel, and are excited to introduce them to our new, enhanced look as we celebrate both our grand reopening and our 25th anniversary.”
On Friday, February 19 from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday, February 20 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., the neighborhood specialty grocer invites shoppers to enjoy chef demonstrations, in-store sampling, kids’ activities, special deals and giveaways to celebrate its 25th anniversary and the unveiling of its remodeled Carmel Commons location.
The following activities will take place at all of The Fresh Market’s Charlotte locations. On Friday and Saturday, shoppers can enjoy the following activities and deals*:
Friday, February 19 from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Chef demonstration and sampling:
- Mussels in white wine broth
- Various cheeses
- Butcher demonstration featuring USDA Prime NY Strip Steaks for $9.99/lb and USDA Prime Whole NY Strip for $6.99/lb cut to customer specification by our certified butchers.
Saturday, February 20 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Chef demonstrations and sampling:
- Thai coconut chicken
- Beef tacos
- Various cheeses
- Sampling from local brands including Mrs. Mary's Specialties, Two Brothers BBQ Sauce, Cottage Lane Kitchens and Little Black Dressing Co.
- Free reusable shopping bags for the first 300 customers beginning at 11 a.m.
- Free mini anniversary cupcakes from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Make your own fruit kabob (kid-friendly!) from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- USDA Prime NY Strip Steaks for $9.99/lb and USDA Prime Whole NY Strip for $6.99/lb cut to customer specification by our certified butchers
*Sampling may vary by store
For more information on The Fresh Market’s 25th anniversary bash including weeklong special promotions and event details, please visit thefreshmarket.com/charlotte-celebrates-25years.