The Fresh Market declares April 9 National Pimento Cheese Day
Specialty grocer to celebrate the flavorful spread with recipes, tips and more
Monday, March 14, 2016 — As a tribute to one of the most iconic and cherished culinary classics, The Fresh Market is declaring April 9 as National Pimento Cheese Day. To celebrate this delicious dish, the specialty grocer is spreading its love for pimento cheese with recipes, tips, a social media contest and more.
Shoppers are invited to experience the inaugural national food holiday in all The Fresh Market’s 186 stores nationwide on Saturday, April 9 from noon – 4 p.m. In honor of this fun new culinary celebration, shoppers can enjoy:
- Pimento Cheese Tastings: Nibble on The Fresh Market’s own version of pimento cheese, introduced in 1983 as its first private label product and based on the company founder’s family recipe. To date, the company has sold more than 11 million pounds of it to cheese fanatics across the country.
- Cheesy Chef Demonstrations: Learn the countless number of ways to spread, spoon and smear pimento cheese! At select stores, The Fresh Market’s chefs will demonstrate how to take the traditional burgers up a notch with The Fresh Market’s take on Pimento Cheese Burgers.
- A Guide to Pimento Cheese: Shoppers can pick up a National Pimento Cheese Day Event Guide upon arrival at their local store. The guide will include the following tips and tricks:
- Pimento Cheese Fun Facts
- Five Great Ideas for Pimento Cheese
- #CheeseTheDay: Shoppers are encouraged to share their favorite pimento cheese recipes by tagging The Fresh Market’s social media channels and #cheesetheday and #nationalpimentocheeseday. The Fresh Market will select three foodies to receive a complimentary Pimento Cheese Kit at their doorstep just in time for National Pimento Cheese Day.
WHEN: Saturday, April 9 from noon - 4 p.m.
WHERE: The Fresh Market’s store locations nationwide
For local store information, please visit: www.thefreshmarket.com